Our mission is to help software businesses succeed - enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of developers and software companies rely on our checkout, payments and licensing solution to sell their products globally, as well as using our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
We’re scaling really fast - well over 200% per year since launching in 2012 - and were named the fastest growing software company in the UK by the Deloitte Fast 50. In December 2017 we closed a $12.5m Series B funding round from Notion, BGF Ventures and Kindred Capital. We are a diverse team of 45 people (and counting) based near London Bridge, passionate about helping software businesses succeed.
You're a natural problem solver, thinking creatively to keep both our sellers and the customers you directly interact with happy at all times. You're eager to gain experience in a high-growth tech startup and should be passionate about technology & software.
- Assist customers over email, live-chat & phone calls. You'll be helping them identify unrecognised charges, fulfilling refund requests, finding lost license keys and more.
- Work on behalf of our sellers in instances of chargebacks or PayPal disputes, supplying the relevant materials for each case to save our sellers money and proactively prevent fraud.
- Actively communicate with our product teams on recurring issues to help ease customer frustrations and pain points.
- Assess high-risk customer transactions; approving or rejecting based on internal tools and investigation.
- Measure everything that you do, and use this to improve the support workflow. Obsess over ticket volumes, response times, and the reasons behind customer issues to keep the team running efficiently.
- Uphold a high level of professionalism, organisation and curiosity in the business to develop your career within the department.
- You're prepared for flexible working hours and able to work a late shift per week
- A good university degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a support function is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Previous experience using one of Zendesk, HelpScout, Intercom, Desk.com is desirable, but not a requirement.
- You love technology / software, and are highly competent across macOS & PC.
- Be meticulous in your organisation - due to the breadth and volume of support required.
- Take a data-driven approach in everything that you do - ensuring we’re offering the highest quality, and most efficient service possible.
- You are highly professional and have experienced working in a team
- Available to work in office one late shift per week
You will get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Share options - everyone at Paddle is an owner in the business.
- Pension matching up to 3%.
- 25 days annual leave, and 1 extra day for each year of service
- Excellent exposure to management, transparent performance company wide, input into company direction, ideas and growth.
- We care about results, not face time - if you need some time to work from home and can maintain efficiency then that’s cool with us.
- The best possible equipment - whatever you need to increase your productivity.
- A close team with frequent outings (food, drink, go-karting… you name it!) and recurring weekly activities (including football, yoga, and our weekly office lunch)
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing business, loved by an international base of clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status