We have an excellent opportunity for a full time Management Accountant to join our Accounts team.
If you are an experienced Accountant who is CIMA part qualified and can demonstrate strong communication skills and attention to detail, then this is a superb role in which to develop your career. This is an opportunity to work within a supportive environment with opportunities for progression whilst providing a vital service within a top tier Intellectual Property firm.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Financial Controller in all day to day Accounts work
- Assistance in preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Overhead analyses and control account reconciliations
Summary of duties
- Assistance in preparation of monthly interim accounts and management accounts.
- Support Financial Controller by providing various financial analyses
- Assistance in preparation of Annual Budget Pack
- Assistance in preparation of UITF 40 Work In Progress calculations
- Treasury administration, including multi-currency maintenance and exchange rates
- Preparation of draft year-end financial statements and supporting working papers
- Providing schedules to assist with the year end audit
- Maintenance of finance leases
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Bank and other control account reconciliations
- Review of daily purchase invoices and first level sign off for approval
- Monitoring and managing work in progress and following up with Fee Earners any overdue matters
- Ensuring standard charges and official fees are up to date
- Review and analysis of monthly overheads
- Chasing Fee Earners to bill WIP that is overdue as part of monthly routine
- Updating Fee Earner rates on Aderant
- Minimum GCSE in Mathematics and English
- CIMA partial qualification (2 years)
- Advanced Excel skills
Required ongoing training:
- Completion of CIMA qualification
- Regular accountancy updates
Potter Clarkson offers a starting salary of £23,000 to £28,000 and a range of additional benefits including 24 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a company pension scheme, Westfield Healthcare, life insurance and a wide range of inclusive social activities.