FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in compliance with global regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our clients' pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
We've won multiple accolades from organisations such as Wired, World Economic Forum, Deloitte amongst others.
We're a small team (currently 33 people) of smart, friendly people with amazing diversity - 21 nationalities at last count. Our HQ is in London, we have a growing office in midtown Manhattan and soon to be a remote team in Toronto and Auckland. We collaborate very closely and take pride in delivering an amazing service to our clients, who are some of the world's largest asset managers, hedge funds and pension funds. But despite the heavyweight clients we pride ourselves on a fun atmosphere.
We've successfully bootstrapped our way to profitability, so have an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to creating our own destiny. But without the deep pockets of a VC we have to make smart decisions and everyone at FundApps has an agile & lean mindset.
Read more about us and see a video of us live in action: https://fundapps.workable.com/
What you'll be doing
People Operations & Talent was introduced in late 2017 to help smooth the next phase in growth of FundApps as we scale. We take culture super seriously and like any start-up worth its salt we measure everything. Our scores on Glassdoor our talent metrics are pretty good, but we know we can do better. That's where you come in!
Reporting to the People Operations & Talent Manager you will be responsible for all talent and recruitment activities, including sourcing, branding, early career development programs, employer partnerships and onboarding.
You'll find the basics in place (ATS etc.), but we're hiring quickly and we're open to anything that helps us better deliver a punchy and world-class recruitment and talent process.
Simply put, your remit will be - Find the world's most talented people and bring them to FundApps.
- Talent Sourcing: Partner with team leaders to understand and anticipate hiring needs, build sourcing strategies, scout talent globally across job platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Hired, StackOverflow, Snap) and social media and be an active player across tech and financial services industry events and meetups
- Recruiting: Build a world-class candidate experience and manage the end to end recruitment cycle. Analyse talent metrics to find scalable improvements in how we recruit the top tech and business talent globally. Build personalised onboarding plans for new starters using our 100 Days @ FundApps framework.
- Employer Branding: Be an ambassador to the FundApps employer brand and work with our Founders, Marketing Manager and People Ops & Talent Manager to build our brand awareness in the industry as an inclusive, get s*** done (GSD - its a FundApps value) and collaborative employer
- Early Career Development: Help us continue to build out our early career development programs, specifically targeting interns and graduates.
- 2+ years demonstrable experience in an in-house HR, talent or L&D role requiring partnership with team leaders
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable talking with people at all levels
- Ability to test for technical skills, values alignment and cultural contribution
- An expert relationship-builder - with hiring managers, industry reps and candidates.
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up, build fluency in our service and simply GSD
- Ability to analyse data and metrics of success with an eye for detail
- Creative mindset and commitment to improving how we approach talent and recruitment
- A commitment to continuously educating yourself and others by attending workshops, industry events, courses, and reviewing professional publications
- Unwavering commitment to the candidate experience through a personalised and transparent approach
- No bureaucracy, just get it done.
- Relaxed, spacious office in the heart of Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ?.
- Flexible working. It's not perfect yet, but we're committed to making it work.
- £1,000 Personal learning budget
- Peer-led learning and professional development across the company through "Brown-bag lunch" sessions
- We'll cover expenses to any conference or event you're speaking at.
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, Deskbeers on Fridays and a whole lot of social activity all week (5-a-side, badminton, squash, pubs).
- Monthly team outings.
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice.
- Half price gym membership.
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy.
- Cycle to work & Tech schemes.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Generous pension contribution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.